The Commonwealth Secretariat will host this roundtable workshop at Climate Law & Governance Day 2022 in collaboration with University of Cambridge Centre for Energy, Environment & Natural Resources and Governance (CEENRG) and the University of Waterloo School of Environment, Enterprise & Development (SEED).
Climate Law & Governance Day will take place during COP27 and convene international experts to increase ambition, harness knowledge, and advance insights in climate law and governance.
- How to promote and finance sustainable energy transitions across the Commonwealth?
- What is the role of trade and investment policy in fostering access to sustainable, renewable energy resources, and how to strengthen partnerships towards net zero, SDG 7 clean energy and beyond?
- Dr Brendan Vickers, Head of International Trade Policy Section, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Dr Markus Gehring, Associate Professor, Cambridge University and Lead Counsel, Centre for International Sustainable Development Law
- Dr Salamat Ali, Trade Economist, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Alache Fisho, Legal Adviser (Natural Resources) and Lead, Commonwealth Sustainable Energy Transition Agenda, Commonwealth Secretariat