The Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) to meet in London
The Commonwealth Ministerial Action Group (CMAG) comprising foreign ministers from nine member countries will meet at the Commonwealth Secretariat in London, UK, on 12 March 2015.
CMAG was mandated by Commonwealth Heads of Government in 2011 to act as the custodian of Commonwealth political values. At their 12 March meeting, CMAG Ministers will consider the state of adherence to these values within the Commonwealth.
Current members of CMAG are:
- Hon.Bernard K Membe, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the United Republic of Tanzania (Chair);
- Hon. Ioannis Kasoulides, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Cyprus;
- Hon. Carolyn Rodrigues-Birkett, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Guyana;
- Hon. Sushma Swaraj, Minister of External Affairs of India;
- Hon. Murray McCully, Minister of Foreign Affairs of New Zealand (Vice Chair);
- Hon. Sartaj Aziz, Adviser to the Prime Minister of Pakistan on National Security and Foreign Affairs;
- Hon. Dr Samura Kamara, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Sierra Leone,
- Hon. Milner Tozaka, Minister for Foreign Affairs and External Trade of Solomon Islands;
- Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of External Affairs of Sri Lanka.