The Commonwealth Trade Ministers Meeting (CTMM) will be convened on 5-6 June 2023 at Marlborough House, London. It will be preceded by the Senior Trade Officials Meeting at Marlborough House on June 2nd and 3rd.
The 2023 Commonwealth Trade Ministers Meeting will provide an opportunity for Ministers to take stock of developments in Commonwealth trade and investment since the 2022 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM), reflect on the opportunities for mutual cooperation to increase intra commonwealth trade, and provide guidance on the way forward in advance of the 2024 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM).
The theme for this year's meeting is 'Delivering a Common Future: Cooperation for Resilient, Inclusive, Green and Digital Economies' and will be Chaired by the Minister of Trade and Industry for Rwanda Dr Jean Chrysostome Ngabitsinze.
Ministers will review the progress achieved to date, and decide on tangible and effective actions to implement CHOGM in October 2024 in Samoa.
Ministers will also take stock of the state of the multilateral trading system leading up to the World Trade Organisation’s 13th Ministerial Conference, to be held in Abu Dhabi in February 2024.
Other themes to be discussed during CTMM include:
- Trade policy solutions to tackle the climate crisis
- Enhancing digital trade across the Commonwealth
- Supporting the multilateral trading system
- Deepening Commonwealth-wide trade and investment
Read the related news on this event:
- News - Commonwealth Trade Ministers Meet to Foster Cooperation for Resilient, Inclusive, Green and Digital Economies
- Blog: Sustainable Production and Trade - Perspectives from the Commonwealth
- Opening Remarks: Commonwealth Secretary-General Rt Hon Patricia Scotland
- Opening Remarks: Chair of CTMM, Dr Jean Chrysostome Ngabitsinze, the Minister of Trade and Industry for Rwanda
- Photos from the meeting
- Blog - Beyond Trade and GDP: Exploring the Wealth of the Commonwealth
- News - Senior Trade Officials meet ahead of Commonwealth Trade Ministers Meeting
- Blog - What is “digital” about fish? A Policy Guide for the Commonwealth
- Rena Gashumba Communications Adviser, Communications Division, Commonwealth Secretariat
- T: +44 7483 919 968 | E-mail