A set of measures, or indicators, to help countries and sporting bodies monitor and evaluate the contribution of sport, physical education and physical activity to the SDGs have been produced.
The indicators cover help monitor the contribution of sport to areas such as:
- good health (SDG 3)
- quality education (SDG 4)
- gender equality (SDG 5)
- economic growth and decent work for all (SDG 8)
- reducing inequality (SDG10)
- sustainable consumption and environmental sustainability (SDG 12 and 13)
- safeguarding athletes and participants from abuse and violence (SDG 5 and 16)
- building effective, accountable and inclusive institutions (SDG16)
A toolkit has been produced that outlines a common approach for the measurement of sport-related policies, implementation plans and strategies along with core principles associated with the design of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks that integrate the sport and SDG indicators.