The Commonwealth Secretariat will host a session on 16 November from 1 - 2pm GMT at the ICC Make Climate Action Everyone’s Business Forum – a hybrid event broadcasted from the COP27 Blue Zone.
This webinar will focus on accelerating climate-smart trade and investment for achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It will explore how can trade and trade policies support climate action and how countries can integrate environmental and social considerations into trade agreements.
The Make Climate Action Everyone’s Business Forum will present expertise from more than 70 organisations representing the global business community, forward-thinking governments and international partners.
- Brendan Vickers, Head of International Trade Policy Section, Commonwealth Secretariat
- Yann Duval, Chief, Trade Policy and Facilitation, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP)
- Prof Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger, Senior Director, Centre for International Sustainable Development Law
- Paul Baker, CEO, International Economics Consulting Ltd
- Carolyn Deere Birkbeck, Director, Forum on Trade, Environmental Sustainability and the SDGs, Geneva