Hosted by the Attorney General’s Office Mauritius, the Commonwealth Law Ministers Meeting (CLMM) will convene in Mauritius under the theme: ‘Strengthening international cooperation through the rule of law and the protection of human rights.'
In line with the theme, the primary objective of CLMM is to advance Commonwealth consensus and cooperation and to enable Law Ministers to set clear directions on a range of legal, rule of law and justice issues of mutual interest to member countries.
The CLMM will also be an opportunity to make further progress on questions of access to justice guided by the Equal Access to Justice Action Plan adopted by Commonwealth Heads of State in Kigali in June 2022. The work of Law Ministers, through the CLMM, supports the promotion of human rights while accelerating progress towards the sustainable development goals set out in the 2030 UN Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Date and venue
The 2022 Commonwealth Law Ministers Meeting (CLMM), hosted by the Mauritius Government, will be held from Wednesday 22 November 2022 to Friday 25 November 2022.
The meeting will be held in person at the conferencing facilities of the InterContinental Resort, Balaclava.
Registration closed for the media on November 17th 2022.
- Commonwealth Law Ministers mobilise to deliver justice for all not the few
- We must transform justice systems to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow, says Commonwealth Secretary-General
- Commonwealth Secretary-General welcomes Law Ministers’ unanimous agreement on Media Principles
- Blog: The Commonwealth's Plan of Action to Enhance Access to Justice
- Commonwealth Secretary-General arrives in Mauritius ahead of Law Ministers Meeting