29 September, 13:30 to 15:00 BST
The discussion will focus on the rise in cybercrime linked to the COVID-19 pandemic:
During the pandemic, many Commonwealth countries have noted a rise in internet fraud and online child abuse.
Panellists will discuss how the pandemic has exposed the vulnerability of some Commonwealth member countries to cybercrime.
They will also highlight the need for countries to adopt, in line with the Commonwealth Cyber Declaration, strong legal frameworks, policies and public information awareness strategies
- Colin Nicholls QC, Barrister, Honorary Life President, Commonwealth Lawyers Association
- Craig Jones, Director, Cybercrime Directorate, INTERPOL
- Michael Fawcett, Office of the Attorney General of Ontario
- Anselm Charles, ICT Manager, CARICOM IMPACS
- Arianna Lepore, Programme Officer, Terrorism Prevention Branch, Division for Treaty Affairs, United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Dr Joe Burton, Research Fellow, International Security Programme, Chatham House (moderator)
Register your interest
Download the flyer for the Rule of Law webinar 4 (PDF)
Rule of Law webinar series