We have an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join The Commonwealth Association of Tax Administrators (CATA).
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing operational and management support to the Office of the Executive Director, in the areas of programme and project management and in the coordination of all administrative matters.
Other responsibilities entailed in this role include (but are not limited to):
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the Executive Director - CATA in relation to their diary, coordinating meetings, preparing and distributing documentation and materials pertaining to meetings, visitors and any related local or overseas travel;
- Acting as the initial point of contact for all enquiries to the Executive Director’s office;
- Assisting in the planning and organisation of CATA training programs and Technical Conferences;
- Ensuring filing and an effective records management system is maintained, including in the CATA library;
- Developing, managing and monitoring CATA’s annual budget, including preparing progress and financial reports as required.
To be considered, you will need to have secondary qualifications to “A” Level or an equivalent vocational qualification. You will also need demonstrable previous experience in office management or in an administrative role, supporting a programme or a business team. You will also need to be experienced in using Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and virtual meeting platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom). Candidates with a recognised qualification in Public Administration, Business Management or Financial Management will have an added advantage.
CATA is one of The Commonwealth-associated organizations formed in 1978 by the Commonwealth Ministers of Finance. Since its formation, CATA has been instrumental in promoting the modernization of tax administration and the adoption of efficiency-enhancing tax policies, procedures and processes within the Commonwealth, with a particular emphasis on developing countries. CATA has a membership of 47 countries and is supported by a small Secretariat based in London, UK.
To join us, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country and have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the Person Specification, giving clear examples.