©Stephan Bachenheimer World Bank - Creative Commons - Sorting tomatoes Ethiopia
Hub and Spokes Project I (2004 – 2012)
The first phase of the Hub and Spokes project ran from 2004 to 2012. Because of its success a second phase, the Hub and Spokes II Programme, was developed and extended until 2016.
- More than 34,000 stakeholders from parliament, academia, business and civil society trained and sensitised on trade policy issues;
- Major contributions made to the drafting of trade policies in Botswana, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Federated States of Micronesia, Rwanda, Samoa, Sierra Leone, St Vincent and the Grenadines and Trinidad and Tobago;
- Joint trade policy reviews prepared and presented to the WTO by countries including Chad, Cameroon, Congo, Gabon and Central African Republic;
- A large volume of negotiating briefs, issue papers and position papers created;
- Valuable contributions made towards implementing trade agreements and the reform of national regulatory regimes.