Location: Home-based and possible travel to Malaysia
Duration: 30 person days over the period ending 30 June 2014
Closing date: 24 April 2014
Objectives and purpose
To develop a 5-Year Business Plan for Commonwealth Tertiary Education Facility (CTEF) that enables its sustainability.
Required outputs and deliverables
Under supervision of the Education Section, Social Transformation Programmes Division, the consultant will be responsible for:
- Conducting detailed consultation with the CTEF host i.e. Ministry of Education Malaysia and National Higher Education Research Institute, University Sans Malaysia (USM);
- Conducting consultations with CTEF network partners i.e. ACU, COL, UWI & MOHESA;
- Studying the critical sustainability factors for similar entities including operational gaps, funding loopholes, competitiveness and viability;
- Facilitating a two-day CTEF network partners meeting in UK or Malaysia to discuss and review the draft Business Plan before it is finalised;
- Developing CTEF governance, operational structure and financial management plan for both the short term and long term;
- Developing branding and communication strategy for CTEF; and
- Developing a 5 year sustainable Business Plan for CTEF;
- The Business Plan should be further expanded from the CTEF Concept Note;
- Contain a detailed menu of services that CTEF could offer;
- Well-defined roles and responsibilities for CTEF partners;
- An extensive financial model ensuring financial viability and sustainability for CTEF.
- 5 year Business Plan and accompanying operational strategies and management set-up.
The consultant(s) must have:
- Extensive experience of working in the Higher Education sector
- Experience in developing higher education business plans
- Familiarity and understanding of tertiary level educational issues and challenges in Commonwealth
- Ability to conduct research and produce analysis
- Excellent writing skills
- Postgraduate degree in social sciences
How to apply
Send completed documentation to Mrs.Puja D Sharma ([email protected]).
This invitation is open only to citizens of Commonwealth member countries or organisations registered in a Commonwealth country.