Date: 2 December 2020, 11h00 – 12h40 GMT
The agriculture and fisheries sectors are critical for the economic development of developing Commonwealth countries, while also ensuring food security and sustainability.
This event will discuss how Commonwealth member countries can integrate technology to boost agricultural production, create resilient supply chains and explore new farming techniques such as urban farming, in order to ensure a sustainable economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting will also facilitate the exchange of country experiences and lessons learned.
Sessions will be chaired by Barbara Agirigolo Age, Secretary of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Papua New Guinea.
- Session 1: Update from the Cluster Lead
- Session 2: Technology as an enabler to leveraging the agriculture sector in post COVID-19 recovery
- Session 3: Country experiences on the challenges/opportunities of technology use in the agriculture sector during pandemic
- Session 4: Agriculture for sustainable development
- Session 5: Way forward to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in June 2021
- Barbara Agirigolo Age, Secretary for Foreign Affairs and Trade (Papua New Guinea) - Chair
- Liliana Annovazzi-Jakab, Head, Agricultural Quality Standards Unit, Economic Cooperation and Trade Division at the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe
- Mr Dennis Mwirigi, Senior Trade Development Officer, State Department of Trade and Enterprise Development (Kenya)
- Kenneth Katafono, Founder of TraSeable Solutions (Fiji)
- Dr. Anirudh Garg, Director, Nanoveda Solutions (India)
Register for the event
For more information, contact Radika Kumar, Adviser, Infrastructure Policy – Commonwealth Secretariat, [email protected]
Learn about the Commonwealth Connectivity Agenda