What is the CACH?
The Commonwealth Advisory Committee on Health (CACH) advises the Secretariat on public health matters. The committee is made up of representatives from governments, regional organisations and civil society organisations (CSO's).
The Commonwealth Advisory Committee on Health:
- Assists the Secretariat's Health Section to develop a feasible programme of work
- Reviews the provisional agenda for the annual Commonwealth Health Ministers Meetings
- Advises on World Health Assembly (WHA) matters which should be addressed by ministers and be promoted by the Commonwealth Secretariat or through the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Comments on the Health Section's performance and advises ministers on the work programme at the annual ministers meeting.
- Advises the Health Section on adjustments to proposed activities.
The committee meets in Geneva, Switzerland on the Saturday prior to the Commonwealth Health Ministers Meeting (CHMM).