The annual Commonwealth and La Francophonie dialogue with the G20 was held in Washington DC on Monday, 7 April 2014 at the International Monetary Fund.
The dialogue was convened by the Secretariats of the Commonwealth and La Francophonie, together with Australia as G20 President and Chair of the G20 Development Working Group for 2014.
The meeting facilitated discussions among members of the Commonwealth, La Francophonie and the G20 on issues of mutual interest, focusing on:
- a brief review of the G20 development priorities during Australia’s 2014 G20 Presidency
- a discussion of the particular needs and challenges of the poorest, smallest and most vulnerable developing countries in achieving growth with resilience
- an examination of how International Financial Centres can meet the international requirements for international tax transparency and continue to generate jobs and growth
- a consideration of how to promote trade, growth and jobs by improving access to international and regional value chains for the poor, small and vulnerable countries
- the role of informal sectors in promoting growth and employment.